http://forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic.php?t=318991

What do you think about it?

Personally i think flat is right.

Dani_Crash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ADAD Strafe dancing

Post  Maskinen on Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:05 pm

jepp, strafing is for those who can master it. im only half way there but it has improved my life on the battlefield so i now live longer ;D

Maskinen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fedayeen on Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:37 pm

I strongly dislike the fact that strafe dancing is possible in AA3. I do it since the enemy does it too. But since this game's supposed to depict the US soldier realistically, I think it needs to be reduced. There needs to be a more significant accuracy penalty while strafing, like there is in ArmA and Project Reality.

Here's a sad fact that I've noticed recently, in this regard. I've been playing Bad Company 2 again and have noticed that there is not as much ADADing there as in AA3. Close engagements between two opponents are over in a much more timely, realistic fashion - none of the absurd situations in AA3 where two guys do the tango until both have emptied their clips, or empty whole clips right into each others' heads without getting so much as a scratch. If even a casual-oriented game like BC2 can get it right, and AA3 can't, then this doesn't mean anything good for AA3's future.

fedayeen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Flatlander on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:15 pm

like maskinen said: you need it to live longer in aa3 Wink (atm)

but fedayeen is somehow right too^^ if aa3 would be better optimized like battlefield,noone would need to dance...

my point in this thread was not to waste programming time for shit instead of fixing important things like the lag..

im also more into that old aa2 style with acccurate shooting but it doesnt work so i tweaked my gameplay till it worked again Wink

i did all my kills in aa2 looking through the sights,aimpoint was deadly accurate,now i NEVER use sights. was a big change for me.

but they announced a huge patch with "lol..agressive netcode optimization..lol" for the next month. we will see if the lag disappears.

maybe then i need to learn shooting again affraid

still its a skill to dance like john travolta cheers

Flatlander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani_Crash on Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:49 am

Like Flat said they should fix lag and bugs before this, since u can't aim correctly if there is a lag. Also removing strafe dancing means change the playing style of many players.

Dani_Crash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maskinen on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:12 am

i agree with flatlander aswell, they really need to do something about the lagg, aim and adad. without these things the game would be evan greater than it is, cause i want to go back to aiming again ;P

Maskinen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top